At the beginning of this month I noticed something very disturbing.
I got a happy new month message from a dear friend and I tried replying and no way. I tried and tried repeatedly, I kept getting message not sent. I googled the MTN SMSC code and as expected it was still +2348030000000, I tapped that into my modded android phone and got an error. I googled all the combination of mtn + android + sms + message + error + can't send and no suggestion found worked. I switched on and off the phone severally, no result.
So for more than 8 days I couldn't send an SMS.
Then suddenly on Wednesday, like a flash bulb, an idea lit up in my head. I removed my Airtel SIM from my Blackberry and put the SIM in the android phone, then I went to the settings to see the SMSC number. To my surprise it was 089132420000000f8 instead of +2348020000000 that is in the documentation. I tried sending an SMS and it was successful.
So I did what anyone would do.